About this Event
"Web3" has recently become a catch-all term for the next Internet generation. It goes beyond the capabilities of Web2, allowing users not only to create and share content but also to represent and transfer value digitally without the need for traditional financial middlemen. Web3 is a rapidly evolving area that embraces various technologies and ecosystems. Innovations such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, stablecoins, decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), Metaverse, and regenerative finance (ReFi) are some key examples of the Web3 ecosystem. The second half of 2022 has been a particularly challenging time for crypto enthusiasts. Nevertheless, we are optimistic about the opportunities in 2023.
The development of these new ecosystems will be driven by innovation and creativity. Despite the ongoing recession and geopolitical tensions, these areas of the crypto ecosystem have the potential to further accelerate adoption and growth in 2023. The development opens up a multitude of different job opportunities, and businesses need professionals that bring creativity and innovation and therefore are willing to pay higher salaries for those. Since Web3 is still in its infancy, there's a lot you can add to it now if you find a job as early as possible.
In our online panel, we talk to talents from this new Web3 ecosystem and their motivations for joining it. Take part in an engaging and thought-provoking discussion on the future jobs in Web3 and blockchain technology, elaborating on the following questions:
- How will the job market in Web3 evolve in 2023? What factors will drive growth and adoption in this market?
- What new jobs will evolve in Web3?
- What new Web3 technologies and applications are likely to emerge in 2023 and what skills are employers looking for in their talents in the future?
- What job opportunities will arise in the following market cycle?
- How will the job market profit from the long-term growth potential of Web3?
During the online panel, you will also have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the speakers.
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center (Moderator)
- Maria Eneva-Olms, EkoLance
- Roman Kropp, Web3 Architects
- Sunny Jiang, MaasDAO
- Isabell Welpe, TUM - Technische Universität München
Location and Date
Location: Online. Details for the live broadcast will be sent to you on the day of the event (no prior software installation required):
Date: February 22, 2023
Time: 14h00–14h45 (CET)
14:00 - Welcome and introductory words (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
14:05 - Introduction of the speakers (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
14:45 - End of online panel
Tickets and registration
Required via Eventbrite (free of charge); you will receive the URL for the live stream in advance.
Registration closes half an hour before the start of the event.
Who should participate?
- Employees and decision-makers from the financial sector interested in blockchain technology
- Innovators looking to get involved with digital currencies and decentralized finance
- Startup founders and startup enthusiasts interested in blockchain technology
- Researchers and scholars wanting to gain insight into blockchain-based investment opportunities
- Other groups of people with an interest in capital markets, crypto assets, and technology
Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +49 69 154 008-790
About the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
The Frankfurt School Blockchain Center is a think tank and research center focused primarily on investigating the implications of blockchain technology. In addition to general research and prototype development, the FSBC serves as a networking hub for managers, start-ups, and experts to exchange knowledge and best practices. The FSBC also organizes educational opportunities for both students and executives, including on-campus courses, workshops, and conferences.